Saturday, August 21, 2010

Relationship advice please?

I have been dating my boyfriend for three years long distance. None of my friends have ever been very supportive of my relationship with him. I think this is mostly because at the beginning of the relationship, he would say things like how he would kill himself if I ever left him, and that completely turned them off about it. Well that has changed, and he's not like that any more, but my friends still don't like him. They can't ever give a good reason. They just say I deserve better because he doesn't treat me well. But they never see me with him, and I have told them that he isn't emotionally unstable any more.


This has caused me to drift away from my boyfriend. I feel like we aren't in a real relationship because my friends are constantly telling me I should dump him. I've told them to back off about it and leave me alone, but they always bring it up and I don't understand it. I love my boyfriend, but I feel like things are getting worse in our relationship and I am drifting from him because my friends are always harassing me about it. What should I do?Relationship advice please?
Well you shouldnt let your ';friends'; push you around. That said his threatening to kill himself thing is pretty stupid. Its your decision listen to their opinions but at the end of the day you can tell them to leave you alone about it. It can be really unfair when people give you ';advice'; about something. Sometimes the nicest people get bad reputations. And often i find friends and family will discourage us from all relationships out of fear or jealousy. Which is understandable but not always the best way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment