Monday, August 23, 2010

Relationship advice please. ?

My gf and I recently took a week of space (she was feeling smothered). It was hard at first and I resisted A LOT but eventually I gave it to her. In the beginning all I could think about was how to fix our relationship and how to make it work so it was fun again. Then I started to feel like she didnt want to work things out so I began taking steps to secure and ground myself in prep for a break up. I made a few new friends, went out a lot, and focused on all the negative things in our relationship so I would feel better when she wanted to leave. She didnt want to and she came back after the week was up. During the week I met a girl and we hit it off (two hottie surfer girls who love to camp and talk theology is a rad combo). We hit it off and were making out a lot; things were getting pretty heated. This carried over after my gf and I got back together. I told her I was making out with hottie surfer girl and she supported me in it cuz thats how our relationship is...relatively open.





Unfortunately, she just got out of a 4 year relationship a month or two ago and I know shes not over her ex and I'm still technically in a relationship. I'm struggling because I put my defenses up before I met hottie surfer girl and i'm trying to decide what to do about my relationship w out having her influencing my decision.





I need to decide what is best for me in terms of staying or going with my girlfriend and I DONT want outside influences,





My question: Is it human nature to be so socialized that the choice to break up can only be made with the interest and influence of other people in mind?





Also: Am I being rational or am i seriously about to throw away a year long relationship filled with so much growth over an imbalanced hormonal level from which the desire to make out and forge a new relationship is constantly bombarding my thought process?


Relationship advice please. ?
The answer is relatively simple: do you love your girlfriend enough to endure the good times and the bad? Or are you willing to just give it up at one pot hole in the road? If the answer is yes to the latter than perhaps you are being slightly irrational and seriously about to throw away a year long relationship filled with so much growth over an imbalanced hormonal level from which the desire to make out and forge a new relationship is constantly bombarding your thought process.


Relationship advice please. ?
True love is stronger than any other desire. My girlfriend and I after being together for three years decided to ';take a break';. Dating other women only convinced me of how much I love my girlfriend. Nobody else holds a candle to her. We are back together and our relationship is stronger than ever. My advice? Sounds like you two aren't really in love and you should probably call it off.
All of this happened in the span of one week? You tried ';at first'; to find ways to make it work..at first? Girl, it was one week! How can there be anything of substance happen in one week? You HAVE to have been thinking of breaking with her for a while prior to her moving out for a week. And hooking up with some surfer chick, making out with her while you were supposed to be evaluating your relationship with your girlfriend? Wow. If I were your girlfriend or the surfer chick I sure the heck wouldn't want you ~ relationships are not supposed to be so easily tossed to the wind. You need to rethink your values, as in, what matters in a relationship to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment