Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relationship Advice - Move out? Break up? Keep Trying?

I've been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a half. It was never super smooth sailing, but we got along well and enjoyed our time together, and decided to move in together after a year. Well, now things are a bit more confusing. We've both been working over time hours, and we're both pretty exhausted when we come home. However, he is always very nasty to me now when he is home - he accuses me of not letting him sleep, etc etc. However, I still want to spend time with him or at least make sure that the time we spend together, even if it's only a short while, is time where we're being nice to each other. He's always negative, depressed, and just flat out mean. He apologizes every morning for the way he acted the day before, but before the day is through, he acts the same way again. I think he has a depressive disorder, and that he needs to see a doctor, but he refuses to do so. I just can't fathom tha tthere is a real reason for him to act towards me the way he does. Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I love him, but I'm also so tired of this arguing and his nasty behavior. Also, with the economy being the way it is, I don't know that I can afford to live out on my own even though I work full time and over time. I don't know if anyone else out there has dealt with a very difficult significant other, or has been in a similar situation as I am. I don't have very many friends or family in the area, and I certainly wouldn't want to put them out and ask if I could stay with them. Also, has anyone moved out and still been able to save a relationship?





I know that this is a bit all over the board, but some insight would be so much appreciated. Thanks! Relationship Advice - Move out? Break up? Keep Trying?
If living with him is miserable, you need to start looking into other housing. Otherwise your life will be a living hell and this is the only life you have.





As to his moodiness, I put it to stress, exhaustion, immaturity, and his genetic temperament. Your goal of being nice during the times together is unrealistic. He can't do it. It would be optimal if he understood that taking out his stress on you is wrong, but he doesn't understand that. This was probably how his parents acted and it's normal to him. If you can ignore him, don't respond, act like he said nothing, and be calm, it will help. If you react, he will escalate.Relationship Advice - Move out? Break up? Keep Trying?
Don't know-I'm in the same boat
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment