Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relationship advice: Do you go to bed at the same time as your spouse?

For 2 years now my girlfriend and I have dated and everything has been fine. We spend every waking moment after work together, and around 11pm she would head to her house and go to bed. I would head to my house and play video games/watch TV until about 2 am.





She typically likes at least 8 hours of sleep a night, I prefer only 5 or 6.





Now we've since bought a house together and everything has been fine for the first couple of days (I went to bed at the same time as her for the first 2 nights, the next 2 nights I stayed up playing computer and then came to bed).





On night 5 she got angry that I wasn't going to go to bed with her, despite her saying (before we bought a house together) that she'd have no problem with me staying up as long as it wasn't every night.





Anyways, I don't see a reason for flipping out and being angry if someone won't go to bed at the same time.





It's not a lack of cuddling, I do that all day with her, and it's not a lack of sex, we have that as well.Relationship advice: Do you go to bed at the same time as your spouse?
Sounds like she needs to get over it~!


Watch Scrubs they had a deal like that!





Maybe she feels that she is missing out on fun! and who likes to miss out on the fun stuff!





Talk to her and ask her why she cares so much maybe there is something your not seeing! at the same time exsplain how you feel and why you stay up!





also if she really wants to go to bed at the same time ask her to go to bed at your bed time!





talk it out work it out work as a team! give and take! and good luck!





My partner and I go to bed at the same time! 90% of the time! 7% of the time i pass out on the couch...


the other 3% he might have friends over and id on't want to pass out on them while they are having fun!


so i just go to bed!





personally i think it's a very minor thing to argue about!


but it might mean something to her! so find out!Relationship advice: Do you go to bed at the same time as your spouse?
Its a comfort thing. And like someone else said, it may also be a little bit of jealousy. She thinks you prefer the games over her. How about you meet in the middle and offer to tuck her in or lay down with her until she falls asleep and then get back up and play? Or better yet, get her addicted to your games too so you're both up all night? =]
Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. I really don't see her logic. Maybe she is uneasy going to bed in the house by herself. A little afraid maybe. Don't sweat it. Just explain that you don't expect her to stay up with you so why should she expect you to go to bed with her. Everything will go to normal eventually. It is still new to her. Maybe just humor her a bit. But still stand your ground a little. Remember, compromise.
Well, my hubby will not go to bed with out me. It use to kinda annoy me but now I think it is sweet. We always go together.


Now it is just habit. I can see your point, that it shouldn't matter but if it matters and is important to her maybe you can work out a compromise..............................
She is jealous of the games and computer! Sometimes it is nice to fall alseep next to someone as well. Never let a girl tell you she will be fine with it that is lie number 1.
Remind her she is not your mother and can't tell you what time to go to bed, i see some control issues here so you better nip it in the bud now!!
she wants to controll you, and is pissed you haven't fallen in line. this happens when people start living together. Stuff canges, and it isn't always for the better. Good luck, and hope she stops.
me and my husband go to bed at the same time...out of habit and because we are both tired
damn, u moved in 2gether, dis is where it does downhill
Hmm some times we do, sometimes we dont, but even when we do my body naturally stays up longer, so I'll stay in bed watching a show or something and he'll be snoring ';loudly'; beside me. If she's all about going to bed together put a tv in the room and watch a show or something that way she's good and your not sitting there staring at the ceiling. But don't bow down often if you wanna stay awake and play on the computer or video games go right ahead. YOU LIVE ONE LIFE DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.
I try to alternate, with one night bed with my girl, one night watching DVDs. But she moans when I stay up; and I hate it when I have to lie there in bed and I can't sleep, and I could be doing other things.





So: tell her that you are writing a novel, and that she can only read it when you have finished; and tell her that the midnight hours are your most creative time for thinking about it. Keep a messy looking notebook next to your computer chair, and if she chastises you about playing games, drinking, not going to bed etc, then have a go back and tell her that she is selfishly disrupting your natural thinking rhythms and such like - then hope for the best. I tried this and it didn't work, but it was the best that I could come up with, and maybe it could work for you.
She likes your company. I think that is all she is saying but it seems like you guys are spending plenty of time together.





My husband and I go to bed together but lately he's been reading for a few minutes and I just go to sleep. I need more sleep than my husband.





One option is that if you can do what you want beside her in bed while she sleeps? The light doesn't bother me.





Or just tell her that you're not ready for bed. She can stay up with you. Compromise. Or accept. It's unfair of her to try to cramp your style. If you want to stay up then it's your choice. You're an adult. But I think she just likes the security of having you there. :-)
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment