Saturday, August 21, 2010

Relationship advice please?

Ok here goes,





My girfriend and I have been living together for 1 and 1/2 years. We have spent just about every waking moment together since that time. We love each other alot and have fun together.





Recently she began working full time and has been extremely stressed. She works when I am off and I work when shes off. Last night she said ';we need to talk.';





She claimed that she had been with me alot for the last 18 months and she needs some room. She says she's getting too used to me. So when she see's me shes not excited. She claims ';Im just there'; and its not fun anymore. I feel as if she cant do anything for herself. I am there at her every beck and call. She has no independance at all and really no friends besides me. I am the same way except that I don't care not to have alot of friends. I really get my entertainment from taking care of her 24/7.





She says she needs friends and wants to go out with them and just have someone to talk to. I immediatley got upset, because I told her that I didn't understand why she would be tired when we actually see each other less. She apparently claimed that she just needed my support. I feel different about her now, as if this is the beginning to an end. I told her that if she wants to live seperatley and see other people its ok. She is absolutely convinced she loves me and doesnt want to live elsewhere. She just wants to regain that spark she felt in the beginning. Can you please tell me what I can do, as her boyfriend to help us both get that spark back. I know people have done this before and ran into problems. Please offer some advice. I don't want to lose her, but should I begin looking elsewhere? I am confused and sad.





ThanksRelationship advice please?
I am sorry that you are upset.





I believe you need to revisit this conversation and ask her what brought her to her decision.





Also, it sounds like you answered full of emotion and didn't give yourself time to thin and react.





She is asking for some space, what type of space? ask her.





Ask her what she is expecting to get when she goes out with her friends.





Living with someone is tough because you begin to loose your independence and it is scary.





If you are not OK with her hanging out and having friends then that is a different issue but if it is OK with you then let her know.





If she wants to go out or have her friends over then let her know that you don't mind that.





She maybe getting tired of the routine, she is asking for spark, so then that is when you begin to plan more activities together on your days off, not the same movie night, or dinner at home, plan something different.





I don't think it is the beginning to the end, I think she wants to prevent the official break up and she is trying to come up with alternatives.





Spending time apart like visiting friends or family is not so bad because it allows you time to miss each other.





Let her know that you are there for her in her stressful time and that you want to work things out.





Much Luck!Relationship advice please?
Try planning a vacation for the two of you. It will give you time to talk and relax. It will also be nice to change the scenery for a while. That's what it sounds like she needs.
You guys can be so blind sometimes.





She has her eye on someone else. I'm not saying that she is doing anything, but she's getting ready. He may have done nothing but be nice to her and she's imagining the whole 'future with him' thing in her sick little mind. The thing is that she feels that he will need to provide for her the way you do. She's going to leave you as soon as this new dude tells her to move in with him - if it happens.





She's a needy chick. I know all this because I am one and I would do it exactly the same way.
You have now seen first hand the danger that lurks in the darkness when a couple begins to live together before marriage!! I don't know what can be done here friend. Perhaps see if she is willing to live separate for a while like a normal dating couple. If so, you may find new light begin to shine on the two of you. As with anything approach her with this idea in a loving, understanding, and GENTLE way. Keep you tone of voice low and see what she says.
Well honestly I think you should support her let her make friends girl friends that she can hang out with once in awhile,you should try doing it to you might not care but it can help the both of you, and if you guys don't go out try that at least once or twice a week,away from stress and your place some where you both are around people and can have fun movies,dinner,dancing etc. Try re-getting to know each other and do things that got you two together in the first place.
I believe that this is the beginning of the end. You have seen each other for too long. She knows you all too well as you said. Things have become boring. Maybe this was not meant to be.
just dont be so clingy. girls hate clingy guys. especailly when theyre living with one.
If her new found ';I need room'; is rather sudden, it could be that there's someone who has caught her eye. That doesn't mean that anything has happened, as a guy you should know that many girls have caught your eye.





After 18 months of 24/7 there's probably not as much excitement as in the beginning. You two should be at a point where that is not needed. I feel the intense feelings in a beginning relationship are needed to keep people together long enough to see if something is there. After 18 months you know know that. Maybe she does.





Now, there is nothing wrong with you two having other friends and having nights apart to be with the boys or the girls--that is normal and healthy. If you try to pull her closer while she is trying to create space, this will come to crashing halt. She proabably does love you. She needs friends too. Since you're not married, you should make it your idea to say ';you and your girlfriends should go do____'; The boys and I are going to do _________. If the relationship is doomed, pulling her closer, getting angry and suggesting seeing other people, is not the way to save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment