Monday, August 23, 2010

Relationship Advice... What to do now with my Ex?

To better understand my situation, my ex girlfriend and I of two years began dating in College... things were great, we saw eachother whenever we wanted, hung out all the time, and loved eachother. Fast forward to the real world, as we both graduated and moved back home to our parents, as we wanted to save money and avoid rent. Luckily she only lives 20 minutes away so it seemed as if it it would be fine.





Needless to say, things became difficult. My girlfriend was under enormous stress as she faced students loans, couldnt find a full time job, and her parents were less than accepting of her still being at home. We never had time to ourselves and it led to us fighting and rarely having a physical relationship.





About a month ago, we broke up to see what else was out there. I'm still pretty hurt from it, especially since she told me shes ';hanging out'; with another guy, who she says is just someone fun and completely different than her normal type.





I called her last week and told her its too hard for me to be her friend, when I still have a tremendous amount of feelings for her. She said if thats what I needed to do then alright, but that she really does want me in her life because im one of her best friends, and she enjoys talking to me.





Did I do the right thing? Also, when should I try to contact her again... I can't see her not in my life in some capacity... I'm hoping this time away will let her see what shes missing in me. Any suggestions or insight would be great. ThanksRelationship Advice... What to do now with my Ex?
I think you should sit down and talk with her. Ask her if she thinks there could still be a chance for you two to be together. If she says no, it's time to move on. For me it seems like she's moving on - hanging out with another guy and wanting to be friends...


But, let me tell you this from my own experience - it's nearly impossible to forget and move on if you constantly talk/hang out with your ex. If this is making you feel bad, you should distance yourself from her for a while and give your heart the time to move on. Don't cause yourself pain just because she enjoys talking to you. Do what feels right!


Good luck...Relationship Advice... What to do now with my Ex?
I think she's done with you. If she still wanted to be with you, she wouldn't be hanging out with other guys and calling you her friend. She's not missing anything in you except someone to talk to, and she'll be able to find someone to replace you in time.





If you can't be her friend, don't. There is no right or wrong here. Talk to her when you're ready, if you ever get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment