Saturday, August 21, 2010

Relationship advice, how do i man up?

I am 23 old male and have been walked all over and hurt in my last 3 relationships because I am a little bit of an ocd possesive boyfriend type, well in the past ayways. I met a girl, we have been dating a year, we have a 5 week old babygirl....I figured the myth that since women like bad boys and assh**** i figured i would try being a hard *** and act like i do not care (even though i am the over sensitive, romantic, mushy, loving type of guy) Just so happens that when I met this 21 year old female she was getting out of a very hurtful relatonship where her ex was very rugged with her, beat her, and this is when she relaized she didnt want to ever end up with a guy like that.....so she moved in wth me for close to 4 months while pregnant, and when she was living with me i wasnt really my self. I felt i sort of ';had her'; since she was living with me and i tried being somebody i wasnt. in return she thought it was her and i thought it was me, so the affection stopped, and i kind of turned on her,


hanging out with my nephew alot, he wasover for like a week straight. i love her to death but we got in an argument, and felt used so i kicked her out 4 months before she gave birth. i explained i was truly sorry, and i wasnot myself. she said i needed to man up and show her how much i loved her. she moved back to her dads so when i would go over there to try showing her the person she fell in love with in the beginning and i felt no affection, and felt she just didnt want me in her life. so i put my foot down and started thinking im not gonna put my all in for someone who is very confused and doesnt know if they want to be with me. she felt confuzed cause she didnt know why i couldnt man up. so i found her texting her best friend whos a guy,


they were joking about sexual stuff which i know they were but i got bent out of shape and stopped talking to her. she said she knew i was really mad so she got ahold of me and said me and the baby are moving in. i said i feel yournot blah blah blah, she said yeah this saturday was supposed to (she gave me 2 weeks) so this past week we have been great, tons of love, affection, we joke and call eachother wifey n hubby, things are back to the way they used to be. well she called me lastnight and she doesnt get along with my family,so my niece n nephew were over, which she knew but when i called her before bed i lied to her and said i dropped them off when she knew i was lieing, i admit. i got nervous and uptight. now she thinks im going to go back to my old ways so she isnt moving in this saturday,


she said she definitely is moving back in but she wants to know she has a man who loves her, respects her decisions, and she doesnt want me to just be a great man because she gave me a deadline of when she was moving back, which i understand. she felt i was putting on an act until saturday then i would go back to my old ways. thats not the fact, she said she loves me, wants to be with me forever, but i need advice. right now i have been going to her dads before and after work, but i am very insecure, i obsess alot and i constantly think about her all the time. we want a future together, but i told her i would put my all in and b/c she said she isnt moving in this saturday i said i respected her decision and said i love her and will do anything for her, she said thats all she needed to hear. so i will continue to do what i have been doing and hope she really loves meback. im very imptient and want things to happen now. i cant focus on my job, i had my hopes up , but i understand where shes comming from. she wants to make sure im not puttin on an act. she wants me to man up, what does that mean and what can i do to not be annoying, but show her shes my world?Relationship advice, how do i man up?
Well first of all Manning-up has nothing directly to do with a woman, Manning-up, meaning be an adult and responsible man starts before you even meet a woman in all parts of your life and it includes not letting a women walk over you as well. A real man does not ever hit or abuse women nor does he allow her to abuse him. It also includes taking responsibility for your child and doing what is necessary. It also means that as the man you should be the one providing the stability in the relationship. As far as romance the worst thing you can do is listen to your buddies/girlfriends for advice. In fact you should never go to someone your own age or generation for advice because they'll tell you what you want to hear and deny any responsiblity later. Go to an older more experienced man and get advice (not a crackhead). Don't take advice from the movies or a woman unless it is clear she has your best interest at heart. Otherwise do just the opposite of whatever advice you get from women, because women always look out for other women, even when it seems like they are giving you advice for your benefit. For example; if the women say give her another chance; then don't. If they say don't giver her another chance then give her another chance. And please don't go by that romantic nonsense on T.V. that crap will completely srew you up. Use your manly talent of logic and practicality when dealing with women, its our strength and when you start relying too much on emotions like they do its the beginnig of the end for you. No matter how much they fuss and pressure you, don't rely only on emotions. And never rely on completely on your own 23 year old knowlege, i think its pretty self explainitory as to why. Stop focusing oh her as far as Manning-up and just man-up in life, then it will automatically happen with her. If she's not womaning-up then you need to tell her to woman-up as well. It takes two to build or destroy a relationship. You may also simply not be right for each other and as a man you may just have to accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment