Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relationship advice. Fiance doesn't love me the same anymore but he still wants to try and fix it - how?

Hello, I was in a two year relationship which ended yesterday. though my fiance loves me, he says he doesnt love me the same anymore and i see it in him, ie we are settling for 2nd best to what we used to have together. He doesnt want to end it and neither do i but we dont know where to start to fix this damage. i constantly treated him badly and rejected him in the beginning due to pressures from my parents (we have two different cultures plus i was stuck in an abusive relationship with my parents that made me almost robotic to every thing they asked me to do, ie no will of my own) he is hurt by the constant betrayels and negativity and sadness that lasted about a year when he was so vulnerable and open to anything for me. so during that time, he gradually hardened up , i guess to protect himself from me and my family. i managed to break free from my parents but its almost too late, he isnt the same man; he knows and says that himself as much as i know it. he wants us to get back to the way we used to love and care for each other before all the turmoil started. Our relationship was always threatened by everything - my parents, his parents, the lies i said, my weakness, my bad treatment to him due to my parents pressuring me. Though , i loved him then and now very much and all i wanted was to be with him as i want now. he cant see his way back to how he used to be so into me, so respecting of me and so devoted to me. constant turmoil chipped at our relationship. i am willing to fight for him, before he makes up his mind that he doesnt want to be with me full stop. i can work on the fact that he says he wants us to fix! where do i start mending a broken man's heart and get him to love and respect me the way he once did? he was so sure then that i was the one, but gradually through all the hardship has made him uncertain now. i am sure he is still the one but he has closed his heart up to me and is finding it difficult to open it. he is too angry and upset and its been like this now for months. *(about 5 months or so, maybe more)Relationship advice. Fiance doesn't love me the same anymore but he still wants to try and fix it - how?
Everything is fixable if you are willing to put forth the effort and so is he. However, it will take time and effort. Great you can own your responsibility within the malfunctioning of the relationship. Next step, counseling. I don't like to thrust this on people, but in your case you seriously need an unbiased third party to get you two communicating again and seeing what you saw in each other 2 years ago.





Finally, and this is the big step, you have to be honest with yourself and him if you want this to work. Honest means committing to change yourself in ways that are positive and supportive of your future life together. He also needs to be willing and able to accept your changes as well as make his own that will be supportive to the marriage.Relationship advice. Fiance doesn't love me the same anymore but he still wants to try and fix it - how?
Know that your relationship will never be the same, doesn't mean it won't work just that it will be different. Counseling would be a good idea, if you both are willing to work at it. Maybe you can get back to the reasons you fell in love in the first place. Good luck.
i think you can fix things if you love each other. it seems that you can see now what exactly was wrong in a relationship, what both of you were doing wrong. this is a very good start. make sure he also knows what went wrong and together you can talk about it, decide how do you what to treat each other and what exactly you will change to make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment