Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some relationship advice please?

So me and my boyfriend have been on and off for fourth months now. We keep breaking up, but I still love him even through the breakups. But lately I just feel like I lost him. The feelings aren't as strong, and I'm just really upset. I don't think that I can go on without him, but at the same time I don't know how to fix it. I broke up with him about five times and he broke up with me once. I think I am bipolar, and he thinks so too. So should we breakup, or work things out? I need help. Please,Some relationship advice please?
Breakup. If you keep doing it over and over and over again then obviously something isn't right in your relationship.Some relationship advice please?
Hi,





Great question. I think the answer is NOT to break up, but maybe to study the facts about Bipolar between you, and if you think you've got it - get yourself checked out, and if confirmed, then you both have to learn to handle it. Hey - some of the world's most famour people have this Bipolar stuff...read on...





To cut to the chase, BIPOLAR (as you might already suspect) means “two poles” and is simply the new “in” word for Manic Depression where a person cycles between “very big highs” (mania) at one end of the ‘pole’ and “very low Lows” (depression) at the other end of the ‘pole, which is a far wider range than most other peoples - and it lasts for more than a couple of weeks.





Many famous and highly intelligent people have/had manic depression including Sir Winston Churchill, Stephen Fry, Carrie Fisher, Spike Milligan, Ben Stiller, DMX and many others. Managed properly, it can be lived with, and in fact because the “mania” (the highs) are so exhilarating, most manic depressives wouldn’t swap their manic depression for being normal. There are three treatments for Bipolar, and only one of them involves antidepressant drugs.





I've been in fairly hefty senior management positions for around 4 decades and have had up to 500 staff under me at times. I’ve had to deal frequently with many people suffering Depression, so know a little about what you are going through. Depression is far more common than most people think because most people either don't recognise it or hide it. In fact, I think the stats show that up to one-in-five people suffer from Depression, all over the world. It's good that you're getting it out in the open and seeking advice. Just be careful of the myths and here-say, though. A lot of people don’t know what they’re talking about and just seem to make things up as they go along.





Nowadays, I produce videos, and last year made a 35-minute DVD presented by a top UK Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Darryl Britto, who is a personal friend of mine, and who wanted to squash all the myths about depression, because he felt that very few people thoroughly understood what it is all about. In the DVD he includes an explanation of the three main treatments available. It's purposely in simple layperson's language and aimed at 4 categories of people.


1) Those with Depression,


2) Those who think they may have Depression,


3) Friends and family of those with Depression, and


4) People training in the healthcare sector.





If interested, you can see a FREE PREVIEW on YouTube at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1viJ7zqC…





I also have a Blog at http://business-sage.blogspot.com which has heaps and heaps of useful FREE ADVICE about enhancing your lot in life, which you might be interested in. (Some of it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.)





Also I’ve include some web links below, many of which are professional bodies connected to Bipolar and Depression with stacks of free information.





I sincerely hope this information might help you, and that I haven’t given you too much text here – but I felt it important to lever you away from (sometimes) harmful here-say, gossip and myths. People suffering Depression are not alone, you know. Depression is treatable in the majority of cases and it's truly not as bad as people think it is. Armed with the FACTS of what Depression is all about, makes it ten times more easy to handle.





Good luck %26amp; Cheers


John E

No comments:

Post a Comment