Saturday, July 31, 2010

Relationship advice?

Ive been with my bf for 4 yrs. I love him and he loves me.He's 24 and Im 21. He smokes pot on a daily basis. He quits now and then but he always starts up again. I knew he had this problem since we met but it didnt bother me as much because at the time I was in my first sober year myself. I felt like it I was patient I could help him quit. I did much harder drugs and I was able to quit and better myself why cant he? One day he tells me ';I do it all for you, I quit smoking for you.'; and the next thing I know, hes telling me that he doesnt think that his problem affects our relationship so if he gets the urge to smoke, hes gonna smoke. I try to tell him that when he goes through these pot head phases I cant even stand him when hes sober. Its like he doesnt care how I feel about it. Im at my wits end, what do I do? Hes so hard to talk to, he only hears ';youre not perfect enough for me.'; By the way he works 2 jobs %26amp; goes to school so hes not a 'loser.'Relationship advice?
It may be time to take a break from this relationship and do some serious thinking. If he quits just for you ...then starts back...well odds are, that's what he's always going to do. If you can live with that, then so be it but if you don't see yourself married with a couple of kids to a pothead it may be time to move on. Most people who don't grow out of that pothead stage...usually don't have money for a good life because they spend the bulk of their money on smoke. It depends on what kind of future you want.Relationship advice?
What harder drugs did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment