Saturday, July 31, 2010

Relationship advice.....?

Alright, so I just started college and within about a week and a half of school I met this guy who right away expressed some interest in me and I reciprocated back. Now, he is a verrry nice guy (this I know for sure) so he isn't the player type or anything (hadn't had a gf in about 2 years, also a virgin). So anyways, we had been going out for about 2.5 weeks and for the majority of it he absolutely loved me... wanted me to meet his family, always said how happy he was to have met me, etc.. and then within the last three days or so he started getting the ';friend vibe'; from me (which I kinda did give him so I am to blame) and he started going from always hanging out, flirty, friendly, and fun to being very distant, sending very dry, cold texts and messages and pretty much avoiding me.





Now, instead of talking with me about the friend issue (which would have been a mutual separation) he decided to invite me down to the dorm lounge (after avoiding me for 2 days) and say ';Ok, I just see you as a friend, I'm breaking up with you but hopefully we can still be friends.';





Now, I never really had that “attraction” to him, you know, never felt anything when we kissed despite being attracted to him and really liking him as a person.


Ok, my main question is do you think it is possible that we might have a relationship in the future? Everyone says how compatible we are.. and we both love hanging around eachother.. I just for some reason never felt that “way” towards him.. probably because we rushed things and he started seeing me as a friend as a result. I still want to be good friends with him and I know he wants to be my friend too.. I don’t know how good of friends though.Relationship advice.....?
You're a real bundle of confusion. If I was the guy, I would not want to have a future relationship with you at all. It would only be a friendly acquaintance, if that. Typically, a guy can't stand all of these mixed signals. And if he does, I'll show you a doormat with his name on it.





Sorry for the harshness of tone, but you did ask for an opinion and I gave you one guy's very honest answer on the matter.Relationship advice.....?
Sometimes both sexes will do this whole ';be friends'; talk to try to soften a breakup. It sounds like this is far from necessary in your case because you didn't feel anything in the first place and there wasn't much to break up. So, you can just nod and say, ';cool';, and let him off the hook and it brings a sort of friendly closure so the little fling. This way, if you run into each other at a party some night, neither of you have to feel awkward or worry about drama. That's all that's about. You don't have to pretend or try to be his BFF or anything. Who knows, maybe you'll say ';what's up'; to him one night and he'll introduce you to one of his friends who will turn out to be some kind of amazing person that you'll totally click with.

No comments:

Post a Comment