Thursday, July 29, 2010

Relationship advice? Is it me or him?

Okay so, I will try to make a long story short, I have been with my boyfriend on and off since I was like 14 we broke up for a year or two and saw other people and got back together. I am 19 now and we have been together for about 3 years now. My problem is, I think our relationship is getting stale. He is always really moody and I have to always to take care of him, we both work all week. But at night I have to do everything while he sits on the couch.





I am also having problems with letting go of things he says or does, I think I am starting to find reasons to fight so he will leave me. My problem is I just don't know what to do. We also lead very different lifestyles. I am not straight edge or anything I just don't want to hang around with people that do drugs because its boring when you don't. It also sucks having a boyfriend that is high all the time.





I am also afraid if we break I won't ever find anyone else. I know there are a thousand fish in the see but its seeming that they all do drugs. I'm not against it, I just don't care for that lifestyle. I also can't take him around my friends or family because all he does is whine about ****. His favorite thing is to talk about how nothing matters because he is just going to die someday.





I always try to talk to him about how to work on things, how to make things better and he just tells me that I'm stupid and that when I get older I will understand, fyi hes 2 years older than I am...





I don't know what his deal is, if I am just dating a total a-s-s hole or if I am just not being a good girlfriend, because lately I just don't give a damn. Its really hard living with someone that is always miserable and high.





I know I am not always that most cheerful person in the world. But I try to be supportive, it just feels like when I need support or someone to take care of me hes just not ';feeling up to it'; I know hes 21 but i feel like if he expects me to take care of him, shouldnt he be trying to take care of me?





Im just frustrated, and dont know what to do. any advice would be nice.Relationship advice? Is it me or him?
It's definitely not you. It just sounds like he's really going through a terrible thing of depression if he's talking like that and getting high.





If you really love him and you think you want to be with him, talk to him about going to a therapist. If you think you can't afford it there are plenty of ways to find free or reduced service with insurance.





If he refuses, then it's really not your problem and you should ask yourself some serious questions. Like, ';Can I really be with this person forever?'; ';Do I want my children being around him and his negativity?'; If you have kids and they see you miserable it will hurt them, too.





But the biggest question is, ';Is it worth it?'; You need to be happy, and unless you're like 150 years old, I think finding someone shouldn't be hard at all. :3 You can do it, girl! I know it! There are tons of good guys out there, you just need the right attitude.





Good luck! I hope things go well~Relationship advice? Is it me or him?
it sounds 2 me as though he just doesn't care anymore. i say its time 2 move on
i think you're letting the fear of breaking up keeping you from true happiness.


you're obviously not happy with him, you two just don't match, and you know it.


honey, you're 19, young, beautiful, and also an adult. you're basically a teenager with no boundries. if i were you i'd take a chance.


take a chance, because life is one big gamble, and if you bet small you'll only get small.





answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>


xx
wow, that's quite a lot to handle.


i watched my older sister go through a very similar situation.


in the end she split with the guy,


and it may have taken her awhile to get over it


(five or so months)


but she focused on work and family and is now happily committed to a man who doesn't get high, yeah he has a beer here or there, but he never gets trashed.


i mean, to me, i think its best to try going your separate ways because one thing i learned from watching my sister is, if that person is miserable all the time, then that is going to wear off on you, and you wont be able to be happy.


so why not find someone who can manage their own happiness and be there for you like you deserve?





however, of course, if you really really really don't want to leave him you could consider couples counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment