Thursday, July 29, 2010

Relationship Advice...PLEASE & Thx You?

My bf %26amp; I are on a brk %26amp; I need to know if I should go back? We just don鈥檛 see eye to eye anymore. I am family orientated, he isn't. I am happy w/ life %26amp; what I have, %26amp; he has lots of regrets %26amp; is never satisfied. I KNOW he loves me, %26amp; I love him. Then there is his deceased gf, she passed over 2 yrs ago (after a long illness) %26amp; he still gets upset if I touch anything of hers that he has collected鈥e I touched a box that a pen came in that she gave him, just touched it %26amp; he got upset! He has never lived w/ a gf %26amp; he hates having someone around all the time! My lease is up in july, at which time we would have been dating 1.5 yrs. %26amp; I doubt he will be ready to have me move in, yet I am there (per his request) 3 or more weeks each month! Y should I bother having my own place when I am NEVER there? Am I wasting my time? Should I find another man that wants the same thing out of life I want? I am in my late 20鈥檚 %26amp; my bf is in his late 30鈥檚, by now you shouldnt he want to settle dnRelationship Advice...PLEASE %26amp; Thx You?
It sounds to me like you've already made up your own mind. In order for a life long relationship to work, both parties need to fully participate. From what you described, your bf is living in the past and you want a future. Well that's not going to happen if you keep going back to him. He needs to realize how lucky he is to have found another person who loves him. If he cannot grow up and understand everyone dies and try to grow from experience you are better off without him. I'm not saying he should forget about his former gf, she will always be a part of him. However, he needs to move beyond the sadness and expand his horizons. He also needs some professional therapy by what you have stated. Life is a journey not a destination. Good luck!Relationship Advice...PLEASE %26amp; Thx You?
I think it is best if you move on. Your boyfriend needs time to get his life together. I would recommend seeing a therapist or a shrink for him, so he can learn to have less regrets and get over his late gf. Maybe when he is more in control of everything he'll have a new outlook and you can start over. Until then, I would distance yourself.
that's crazy...thank God you're not married to him...he thinks too much of the past and you shouldn't be in the middle of his problems if he has a problem sharing them with you...you're supposed to be open in a relationship and let go of the past...though sad, it's still the past...that's what life comes with...if you still want him, stay on the break you're on...when he requests you over and you come, try to talk it out with him...if you're having second thoughts, go ahead and move on
I think you need to tell him how you feel. The major problem with most relationships is there isn't enough communication. Tell him you're confused why he holds onto his ex-girlfriends things but he doesn't seem to want to share anything with you by making new memories (eg. moving in). Hope it works out.
Yes you both have issues even if u love each other sounds like he got in to the relationship to soon sounds like you both need to deal with your issue b4 u can have a true relationship get your own place and be who u are get ur life bak on track he needs to also even tho u love each other sounds like he relys on u for ..whatever but deep down he needs to deal with her death ..I have been thru so much u have to except death you cannot change what happened in order to live again u must except hardships to move on...you also need to find someone who feels the same as u do.fam oriented .and likes what u like otherwise its always a fight ....sand paper against sandpaper.good luck.asak me more............move on get your life bak on track b4 u even consider a relationship find out wht u really want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tamara
I think the most important thing to have in a relationship is common goals and aspirations for the future. And if the two of you can't agree on that. Then perhaps you are not right for each other.





Nobody is perfect. Everybody has some individual quirks. And such differences can be overcome when people have common goals and aspirations.





But when the goals and aspirations are not common and not agreed upon. Then it's pretty hard to find happiness in such a relationship even if it's perfect in every other way.
Try talking to him and explaining what troubles you...


If you say you him and he loves you, than you have to make it work... sometimes dificulties arrives and you just find out you are to incompatible... and even if you love him, you have to move on...that's the way things work...


Try talk to him, and see what are his reactions and if he opens up to you or not...


In any case, try and save the relationship... if you see there's nothing to do, and you are not happy at all, just moove on... there's no point on loving someone that doesn' make you happy and that your lifes aren't fitting into each other...


Good luck and wish you the best!
Boy there is a lot going on. I would suggest talking to him and see if he would like you to move in or keep your place. I would keep my own place since you two are on and off. I would also address the issue of him getting upset over you touching thing from his pasted relationship. I do not feel he is ready to move on with another women if he is so picky about his deceased gf stuff. I believe he may need more time. I would move on because in my eyes he is still in love with women who passed away two years ago.
You need to realize that he LOVED his old gf and 2 years is not enough time to get over someone that you love. So as far as her stuff, just respect the boundaries that he has set, over time they will loosen. Maybe he doesnt want you to live with him because of the same reason. Maybe he feels in someways that by moving to a level with you that he never reached with her, that he is betraying her in some way. If you love him, talk to him about it, but be very sensitive... he is still mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment