Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Relationship advice:I feel suffocated by my boyfriend's constant presence. How do I tell him I need space?

We only started dating on Valentine's Day and we happen to work in the same office so I see him 4 out of the 5 days I work and he wants to monopolize as much time with me. I understand that I should appreciate that he wants to spend so much time with me, but it's too much. Today I ignored one of his calls and when I called him back he told me he drove by my house but I wasn't home. I also had an email, a voicemail, several text messages and a message on facebook from him. He says I make him happy and I feel like he's too intense and suffocating.





How do I tell him nicely that I need my space, every time I run it by my friends they say I sound mean. I do like him, I like being with him, but not all the time. I don't feel ready for a relationship but committed because he seemed upset that I hadn't said ';I'm your girlfriend and we're exclusive.'; I was exclusive to him, I just didn't think we needed the titles and now everything is too much. Advice anyone?Relationship advice:I feel suffocated by my boyfriend's constant presence. How do I tell him I need space?
.Libby this guy is obviously ';over the top';.So you need to tell him quietly (John when we say cheerio,goodbye adieu or whatever when we part.That's it.I don't want or need you to use every method you know to keep in contact.And John if i don't answer the contact.Please don't keep sending messages.I'm suffocating under a snow storm of signals

No comments:

Post a Comment