Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Relationship advice for someone not feeling well at the moment?

Hi all. I got really sick almost 2 years ago with sleeping and breathing problems, etc. and my boyfriend stuck with me through it all and took really good care of me. We have been together for almost 4 years (both virgins) He is an awesome man of God and he wants to marry me. However, he says I need to be strong and fight my unknown illness and be happy with life if I expect us to stay together. He is leaving in 2 weeks for a 1 year graduate program in Florida and I am already missing him. I want to be with him, I love him and I want to make him happy. How do I get over the pain in my body, my persisting respiratory issues and sleepless nights. I feel really down sometimes and he hates it. Please any advice?.Relationship advice for someone not feeling well at the moment?
even if you don't feel well, try to be happy or at least pretend to be, for him. have you gone to the doctors? they should know what your illness is and help cure itRelationship advice for someone not feeling well at the moment?
Ok, first of let me say I'm so sorry to hear about your health situation. You two have been together for a long time so I know this might seem a little harsh, but from what you've described here, the way he has ';stuck by you'; all this time is not in fact supportive in any way. Encouragement to stay positive is one thing, but to me this sounds more like an ultimatum because he doesn't want to be brought down by your problems. You are ill, and it is perfectly normal to be affected and afraid. Who the hell is he to tell you how to feel? He's not the one suffering and wondering what's wrong with him. You need to take care of yourself first. Focus on getting better and feeling ok. Do it for you, not for him. If I was in your situation and my boyfriend even considered leaving me for a year under any circumstances, I would tell him to reconsider his priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment