Monday, November 21, 2011

Relationship advice please?

ok so I am currently dateing a Jamacian guy and my dad is racist... I am 18 and he is 24 I live in my dads house and I am very close to him but he doesnt want me to date him cause of his skin color and u know my dad beleives in all that stereo typical stuff... what do u guys think I should doRelationship advice please?
Move out of your dads house so that you can do what you want, since you are living under his roof you need to respect his decisions whether you agree with them or not.Relationship advice please?
That's really hard, you're fighting two battles - one with your father and one with your boyfriend. Both aren't going to like each other very much.


Encourage your boyfriend to keep an open mind with your father, your dad was raised in a different home, different family, different time altogether. You need to assure your boyfriend as well that you DO NOT hold the same values, you're a free thinker and independent.


Talk to your father, ask him to please meet your boyfriend maybe? Judge him for his true character not the color of his skin.


It's going to be hard, I'm guessing those beliefs your father have are really really deep rooted. My grandmother was the same way, and I've dated black, asian and Caucasian men. She was never happy with me, but I had my parents on my side, and in the end I took on the attitude that you can't please everyone., nor did her approval matter





This is tough though because it's your father. What about your mom? She may get through to him as well.





Like I said though, please continue to reassure your boyfriend you love him, because he might feel insecure about your relationship with him after meeting or hearing about your father which is understandable!
Try and explain to your dad that he is acting out another stereotype; the overprotective father that hates other races. Old dogs can't learn new tricks, but they can be taught to shut up and respect others. Especially their offspring. He'll have to learn to live with the fact that you are a different person than him. That you are obviously more understanding and compassionate than him. If he is still against it, you have two choices. Move out on your own, or dump the Jamaican dude.
if you really like the guy you need to be with him and forget about your dad's racists ideas. i know he's your father but you are 18- a GROWN WOMAN and it's your decision to make. it is very possibel to say dad i respect your opinion but i have my own as well. you should'nt let racsism keep you apart- even if he is your dad.
Since you live in your dad's house, you must follow his rules. You can do what YOU want when you get out on your own and don't need his financial support.
well if u really love dat guy u dont listen to ur dad do wht u think is best ur already old enough to decied to be wit.ur dad is not always gonna be there for u hes not gonna give u wht ur boyfriend/husben could give u
i say, move out if possible, love shouldn't be stopped due to something as dumb as skin color who cares its the feelings that you guys share that matters, ignore your dad
um whatever you think is right. follow your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment